I’ve booked the Hall – how will I get access?

Once your booking has been accepted, we will send you all details of key and alarm codes along with a pack of how to use the Hall, tables and chairs, the kitchen, heating etc. and how the Hall should be left after your booking.

What about decorations?

We have decorated the hall with bunting, fairylights, and rechargeable LED lamps. We suggest that you may wish to bring table cloths, napkins etc. for tables as these are not supplied. For further decorations please contact us.

Is there parking?

There are 2 public car parks within easy walking distance – Sandhills behind the dunes at the far end of the beach, or one opposite the Quay off Marine Parade. Cars may be parked free of charge in designated areas on Marine Parade (limited to one hour from May to September). Please do not park on Quay Lane or in Mollands Garage car park next door. We encourage all users of the Hall to consider sustainable travel when coming to us – for full details of how to get to the Hall, click here!

Can we have alcohol?

The Hall does not have a drinks licence, and if you wish to sell alcoholic drinks you must apply to North Devon Council at least 10 days before the event for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) to carry out a “licensable activity”. Details of licensable activities, the application procedure and the rules relating to TENs can be found on-line. The notice must be displayed on the board in the entrance vestibule. Smoking is not permitted. At the end of the event all rubbish, including recycling, must be taken away with you please.

What about music or if I need a stage?

The Hall holds a licence for playing recorded music. There is an electric piano. The Hall is equipped with a microphone, amplifier, and loudspeakers, and with a loop system for the benefit of users of hearing aids. The Hall is equipped with a removable stage and with stage lighting, which may be used by prior arrangement. Note that the stage takes up floor space that is used for other activities so its use needs to be co-ordinated with other Hall users if being used for rehearsals. Curtains are available for the stage and for the front of the staging. A charge is made for use of the stage lighting, and instruction in the use of the lighting will be given.

What can I use in the kitchen?

All hirers may use the kettle, urn, tea pots, jugs, plates, cups, saucers and tumblers, but not the other facilities. For a supplemental charge on booking, you may use the electric stove, hot trolley, dishwasher, and dining crockery. Please note you must hire your own glasses.

Can we use a bouncy castle?

The Hall is not insured for the use of bouncy castles, trampolines or other similar play equipment. If a bouncy castle is to be used in the Hall you must check that the operator has adequate insurance cover and ensure that the bouncy castle is supervised at all times. A charge will be made to cover the cost of electricity used. Remember to check the dimensions of the hall on the Facilities page to check the equipment will fit!

Can we come in to set up early?

Unfortunately as the hall is available for hire at all times we are unable to allow early access outside of your hire hours for set up and pack up.  When you make your booking please ensure you include adequate time for this.

Do you offer catering?

Unfortunately no, but there are lots of local suppliers who can help.